What is Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating?
For decades, split-zoning air-conditioning and heat pump systems have been the quiet solution for Cooling & Heating problems around the world. Our quiet and powerful systems have three main components: an indoor unit, outdoor unit, and remote controller. Installation is as simple as mounting the indoor and outdoor units, connecting the refrigerant lines, and making a few electrical connections
Why Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating Systems?
Mitsubishi Electric is the industry leader in split-ductless air-conditioning technology – period. Compare and you’ll see that no one surpasses the Mitsubishi Electric brand’s performance for quiet, easy-to-use, and energy-efficient operation. And because our split-ductless technology carries the Mitsubishi Electric name, you know every product is built to last. The bottom line is, Mitsubishi Electric systems deliver the ultimate in comfort control for your home or office. It’s true today and will be comfortably evident for years to come.
Where Can Mitsubishi Electric Products Be Used?
If a room is too hot or too cold, Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating products can handle it! Mitsubishi Electric split-zoning systems are specifically designed to improve the comfort level in an uncomfortably hot or cold room of an existing building. Because they don’t require ductwork, they’re the perfect heating and cooling systems for renovating older buildings that were constructed before air conditioning was available – even those with plaster walls and brick facades. The versatility and variety of applications for Mitsubishi Electric systems are virtually unlimited. They’re an excellent choice for almost any spot cooling or heating situation, including enclosed sunrooms, upstairs bedrooms, classrooms, hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants, hotels, workout rooms, computer rooms, offices and churches.
They’re also equipped with an anti-allergen filter and prevent the cross-flow of air with contaminants. And because they can be controlled by zone, it’s easy to set the controls for the exact room temperature you want.
How does it work? Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating products can fit into almost any space because their innovative engineering optimizes the capabilities of the INVERTER technology and R410A refrigerant for more efficient systems with smaller indoor and outdoor units. R410A refrigerant is environmentally friendly, with zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP). The units themselves are also made of recyclable materials.
Revolutionary cooling and heating.
Mitsubishi Electric cooling and heating systems use advanced technologies to provide the ultimate in comfort control while minimizing energy consumption.
Some of the featured components of the systems include the following items:
INVERTER-driven compressor systems use only the exact amount of energy needed to cool or heat an area. So you can save energy and money while enjoying complete control over your comfort year-round.
Zone control is one of the main technological benefits our systems offer, enabling you to control the temperature within any space that has an indoor unit installed. The ability to condition the spaces in use and not keep unoccupied spaces conditioned allows exceptional energy conservation. Individualized comfort control is available from one to eight rooms connected to a single outdoor unit.
Standard and enhanced filtration systems provide air filtration that utilizes washable filters that can last up to 10 years; this feature is good both for you and the environment. Hybrid Catechin and blue-enzyme filters contained in each indoor unit remove allergens; each room has its own filter, therefore preventing cross contamination of air from room to room. Select systems incorporate an additional Platinum Catalyst filter for additional odor elimination
Hot-Start™ technology regulates the fan on the indoor unit so that it does not blow any air until the unit has reached the desired temperature, thus preventing drafts of cold air.
i-see™ Sensor scans the lower portions of the room to detect hot or cold spots and to adjust temperature and airflow accordingly to maintain consistent comfort.
H2i® technology, available on select systems, provides heating capability effectively and efficiently even when temperatures outside fall as low as -13º F. This technology provides heat in extreme climates either to supplement existing systems or to serve as the main system in a new addition.
Control each room individually with handheld or wall-mounted smart controllers. Our controllers put comfort a push of a button away. Select Mode, Temperature, Fan Speed, Airflow, timer functions and more.
How It Works
The tried and true, smart technology behind the Mitsubishi Electric HVAC systems of today has evolved from our introduction in the 1950s. Our technology allows energy efficient, individual comfort control with minimal impact on your home since we offer both ductless and limited length ducted solutions.
The technology behind Mitsubishi Electric HVAC systems is referred to in many different ways, including mini-split, multi-split, split-ductless, split-zoning, and variable refrigerant flow. Mitsubishi Electric split-zoning technology is the primary method for conditioning spaces in homes and commercial building around the world. That is why Mitsubishi Electric introduced this technology into North America over thirty years ago.
Split-zoning systems allow each room (or space) using an individual indoor air-handler to be controlled independently from other rooms, thus providing individualized comfort control within each room of a home.
Mitsubishi Electric HVAC uses advanced technology to bring you quality products that provide the ultimate in comfort and control while minimizing energy consumption. Mitsubishi Electric systems use two small refrigerant lines plus power and control wiring to connect an outdoor unit to each individual air handler. This allows for easy installation in new construction and causes minimal disruption if you are renovating or retrofitting your home.
The following features highlight the advanced technology, design, and components used in many Mitsubishi Electric HVAC systems:
- INVERTER Technology including INVERTER-driven compressors, electronic linear expansion valves, sensor and information processing components
- Advanced processors and system control provide computing power in the indoor units, outdoor units, and remote controllers
- Smart Coil™ design and operation uses multiple sensors to maintain coil temperature and regulates refrigerant superheat and subcooling for optimal capacity and performance
- Enhanced filtration systems use multiple layers of filtration to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) by helping to remove allergens and odors
- Hot-Start™ technology in heat pump systems prevents cool air from blowing during HEAT operation by regulating the fan on the indoor unit so that it does not blow any air until the unit coil has reached the correct operating temperature
- i-See™ Sensor scans the upper and lower areas of a room to detect hot or cold spots and adjust temperature and airflow settings in real-time to maintain consistent comfort throughout the space.
- Smart Controls on the wall or in your hand provide perfect function, temperature selection, and mode selection plus various timer and program options
With these and other technologies the Mitsubishi Electric comfort systems provide energy efficient, quiet and environmentally friendly solutions for your comfort needs.
Easy installation with little disorder or disruption to your life.
- Installing our system is easy for a contractor.
- We offer different styles of indoor unit options to meet your personal needs.
- Our outdoor units have a small footprint and can be placed conveniently or even hidden by foliage to complete the system.
One of the great features of the Mitsubishi Electric system is its ease of installation. A qualified contractor can usually install it in about a day. There is little to no ductwork required so you don’t have to worry about disorder in your home interrupting your life or costly remodeling expenses. The sleek indoor unit mounts discreetly within the space, and a pair of refrigerant lines plus power and control wiring connect it to the outdoor unit through a small three-inch opening in the wall.
Different styles of indoor units
Ducted style. When a ducted model is selected as the indoor unit that best fits your need, it can easily be installed either in the ceiling or beneath the floor in a crawl space or basement. This style accommodates the use of short duct runs and registers to deliver and return air from the space to the unit.
Wall-mounted style. A wall-mounted unit mounts high on a wall and is unobtrusive to the visual area within a room. The wall unit models are similar in white color but come in two different designs that have different features that enhance their functions within the space.
Floor-standing style. The floor-standing model attaches to the wall six inches above the floor in areas where there is minimal or no wall space
Outdoor units complete the system
The outdoor units for each of the systems have a small physical footprint to take up as little space outside as possible and can even be hidden by foliage. With the use of LINE-HIDE line-set cover accessory, the lines connecting the indoor to outdoor unit can be cleanly hidden. The PVC material of LINE-HIDE can be painted to match the exterior so that as little visual change as possible will be apparent.
For the past 30 years Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating Solutions has enhanced people’s lives by improving comfort, conserving energy, and promoting environmental sustainability.
A U.S. subsidiary of Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric is a leading marketer of variable refrigerant flow (VRF) zoning and split-zoning air-conditioning systems for both commercial and residential installations. VRF systems, which are highly efficient and can dramatically cut energy costs, are one of the fastest growing segments of the American air conditioning and heating market.
Based in Suwanee, GA, Mitsubishi Electric provides training and product support to contractors, engineers, and distributors across the country. The training programs are certified by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and conform to the guidelines of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
Mitsubishi Electric’s Diamond AllianceTM ties together a network of distributors, contractors, and design-engineering firms committed to building brand loyalty and delivering exceptional customer service.
Mitsubishi Electric is a manufacturer member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), and the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). Mitsubishi Electric recently worked with the AHRI to pass Standard 1230, which established a new category for VRF multi-split systems.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation sponsors the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation (MEAF), which works to improve the quality of life for young people with disabilities. Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating Solutions supports MEAF through the Leading Others through Voluntary Efforts (L.O.V.E.) Committee.
To encourage staff participation, Mitsubishi donates $10 for each hour that team members volunteer. In recent months the L.O.V.E. Committee has sponsored several events:
- Calvary Children’s Home – Volunteers raised more than $1,000 to provide Christmas presents for children at this foster care facility.
- Special Needs School of Gwinnett County – Volunteers painted two rooms and a hallway at the school and donated 25 gifts to the school children for Christmas. Also Mitsubishi sponsored a putt-putt golf tournament for the students that raised $820 for the school.
- CORRAL – At this facility that uses horses to work with special needs children, volunteers landscaped the horse yard, mended fences, and set up swings. Mitsubishi donated $1,545 to the facility.
In addition Mitsubishi Electric Cooling and Heating Solutions donated Mr. Slim air conditioners to two Atlanta senior citizens who had never had air conditioning in their homes, teamed up with Senior Citizen Services (SCS) to help homeowners over the age of 60 who are unable to perform, obtain, or afford certain repairs on their homes; and provided product training to Southface, an Atlanta-based non-profit that builds sustainable homes and buildings.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation’s air-conditioning and heating systems have been among the most highly decorated in the industry. In 2009 Mitsubishi Electric products received seven awards from leading industry publications.
Building Operation Management – VRFZ Hyper-heat INVERTER technology won a Top Products Award
Building Operation Management – Jet Towel won a Top Products Award
- Building Operation Management: Mr. Slim P-Series H2i won a Top Products Award.
- Building Products: Mr. Slim M-Series won a Green Products Award; Mr. Slim P-Series won a Top 100 Award.
- Architectural Record: Mr. Slim H2i Hyper Heat won a Products Report Award.
- Consulting Specifying Engineer: CITY MULTI Y- and R2-Series won a Product of the Year Gold Award.
- ACH&R NEWS: CITY MULTI Y- and R2-Series won a Dealer Design Awards Honorable Mention.
- Building Operating Management: Mr. Slim P-Series won a Top Product Award.
- Contracting Business: Mr. Slim M-Series won a HVAC Comfortech Product Showcase Awards.
- Contracting Business: CITY MULTI Installations won a Design Build Awards Honorable Mention.
- Contracting Business named Mitsubishi Electric Contractors’ Most Preferred Brand.
- ACH&R NEWS named Mitsubishi Electric Contractors’ Most Preferred Ductless Manufacturer and Contractors’ Number One Brand in Price/Value, Availability, Reliability, and Performance Specifications.
- Buildings Magazine: CITY MULTI systems won a Top 100 Smart Products Award.
- Consulting Specifying Engineer: CITY MULTI systems won Product of the Year Bronze Award.
- ACH&R NEWS: Mr. Slim systems won a Dealer Design Award Bronze Award.