Two-thirds of all homes have leaky ducts that go undetected. These leaks can cause your energy bill to go up and affect the comfort and air quality inside your home. The good news is, repairing leaky ducts is often fairly easy and inexpensive, especially with FPL’s and Aloha Air Conditioning’s help. Here’s what you need to know about your ductwork to avoid wasting energy and money.
1. What are leaky ducts?
- When your cooling and heating duct system has leaks or holes in it, air is allowed to escape into the attic, which ends up wasting energy and costing you money.
2. What can you do?
- Schedule an FPL Energy Expert to perform a fast, easy and affordable Duct System Test to determine if your dusts are sealed properly and if repairs need to be made.
3. How does it work?
- Pay $30.00 for the first central A/C system to be inspected and $15.00 for each additional air handler.
- Receive a complete report of the repairs needed and then contact us at Aloha Air Conditioning (954) 772-0079 as we are a proud independent contractor who has been evaluated by FPL and have a record of good reviews from our customers.
- Get incentives from FPL to help cover the cost of repairs:
– Up to $154.00 per central A/C system for single-family detached homes.
– $60.00 for multi-family, single-family attached homes, manufactured and mobile homes.
4. What are the qualifications for a Duct System Test?
- Single- and multi-family homes where the duct system is accessible qualify
- Multi-family homes with chimneys and gas appliances are not eligible unless there is a firewall.
5. How do you participate?
- To request a Duct System Test, simple call 1-800-DIAL FPL (1-800-342-5375), or visit them online at https://www.fpl.com/