Maintain Proper Air Care
Your indoor air quality can be greatly affected by ventilation, dust, fumes from household products and smoke. To ensure the air inside your home is clean and safe, follow these simple tips:
1. Check your ductwork
- Look for rapid dust buildup around vents or in your home, because that’s usually a sign of leaky ducts.
- Schedule FPL to perform a Duct System Test to determine if you have leaks or separations in your ducts that are costing you money.
2. Repair leaky ducts
- Fixing leaky ducts helps to improve air quality because less dirt and dust will be drawn into your home through the holes in your ductwork.
3. Protect your air quality
- Do not keep cleaning products in the same closet as your indoor A/C unit; otherwise the fumes from these products may be circulated throughout your home.
4. Watch your fireplace
- Don’t operate a wood-burning fireplace at the same time as your central air conditioner or heating system.
- Avoid using exhaust fans (e.g., your stove fan) when operating your fireplace to keep from drawing smoke or other contaminants into your home.