Split System Air Conditioners have an outdoor section and an indoor section.The outdoor section features the compressor and fan, but it uses the indoor sections (such as a furnace or air handler) to distribute cool air.
Single Package Air Conditioners features all of the components of a split system but in a single outdoors section. Simply put, the blower is housed with the air conditioning components.
The structure of your home is key to selecting the proper air conditioner. For example, split system units are commonly used in the Midwest because most homes feature basements with gas furnaces. Single packaged units are more common in the southeast region where homes may have a crawl space instead of a basement – making the single packaged unit more space efficient.
This post was written by pulleye | November 22, 2019
Your air conditioning system will be working overtime in the Florida heatwave this summer – follow Alohaac tips to ensure your heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC) is working at its best:
1. Don’t let your HVAC work more than is necessary. And don’t let your office get too hot before turning it on. It’s key to regulate your temperature so as not to stress your unit. Keep doors and windows closed when your AC is turned on, and keep shades and curtains drawn on very hot days. Avoid having direct sunlight streaming in through doors and windows. As much as possible, don’t operate other heat-generating appliances in the daytime when your AC is going to be working.
2. Replace your air filters on a regular basis. Do this at least once every 3 months. Experts estimate that you can reduce your energy cost by as much as 10% by keeping up on this task. And the cleaner air will benefit your staff’s health as well. Air conditioning energy assessments are often undervalued!
3. Keep your thermostat constant. Changing your thermostat’s setting constantly can result in inefficiency. If you wish you can increase the temperature by a few degrees in the day time while you are away. When in cooling mode, switch on your AC fan to prevent hot or cold pockets from forming. This can also help prevent your condenser from icing up.
4. Keep your outside unit free of dust and dirt. Clear plants and other items from around its perimeter for at least 12-18 inches. Ensure also that indoor vents remain unobstructed to keep air circulation going for industrial air conditioning, this is so important.
5. Schedule regular tune-ups Have a reliable HVAC technician perform maintenance checks on your unit, preferably before the beginning of summer.
Our staff is fully trained in the HVAC techniques required to ensure this process is carried out efficiently. The result is that your air will be fresher, easier to breathe, and less likely to cause allergic reactions.
To learn more about how our Air Duct Cleaning Fort Lauderdale services can benefit your home, contact the Aloha Air Conditioning, Inc. office Toll-Free today at 855-88-ALOHA (25642).
This post was written by pulleye | July 1, 2018
When Is A Good Time for Changing AC Air Filters?
If the AC filters are dirty they can easily lower down or kill the efficiency of the whole cooling system. That is why it is advisable to install new air filters for the new cooling season. Always check out for the minimum efficiency value of the filters, which is between one and twelve range for the AC`s for home usage. Remember that the bigger the number of the value, the better will be the filtration.
So what exactly is an air filter? It is a part which can be extracted from the air conditioner. Filters keep the debris and dust away from the air that goes into the system. So the air that comes inside is clean thanks to this air purification system. The filter will keep your air conditioner clean from clogging with small particles that can damage the equipment that is installed inside the air conditioner.
Air filters are preventing the dust from entering into the air conditioning system, and it keeps the dust inside until the filter is full. When it gets full then it needs to be changed with another clean filter, so your air conditioner would work properly. Dirty air filters can significantly reduce the airflow and the efficiency of the air conditioner, as well as the overall quality of the air. In order to keep your air conditioner working in best possible way, it is advisable to change air filters once per month.
If you do not replace the air filters regularly, then you may face several problems. Some problems that may occur are the following: air conditioning system may not run properly and the airflow would be reduced, the electric bill may go up as the system uses more energy, cooling efficiency will drop down and the whole system might get damaged, which will require additional AC repair.
There are several signs that you should not ignore when it comes to changing the air filters. As pointed previously, air filters should be changed once per month, but there are occasions when the filters may clog up and fill up in less than a month. If you notice some changes in your air conditioning system, then you should have it inspected quickly. If the AC is behaving strangely that usually means that there is some kind of problem with the airflow that goes into the system. Also if you hear loud noises from the air conditioner that usually means that the air filter is dislodged or clogged with dust and other debris. It is advisable to change the air filter before the arrival of the summer months, because the air conditioners are mostly used during the summer. The more the air conditioners are used, the more their filters are getting dirty. That is why you should do regular check-ups and replace the old filters with new ones before the summer season. After you replace the old filters with new ones, always pay attention and keep checking the air conditioner regularly.
This post was written by roilifter | January 25, 2018
For over 90 years, Bard has been combining the time-honored principles of quality with tomorrow’s technological advances to deliver high-performance heating and cooling products all over the world.
Aloha is able to service and sell all Bard A/C products in South Florida.
This post was written by roilifter | January 20, 2018
Lennox Residential and Commercial are a leading innovator of home heating, cooling and air quality systems. From High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that save energy and money, to
Air filtration systems, humidifiers and dehumidifiers, and other systems for keeping the indoor air quality healthy and clean, Lennox is an outstanding choice for your South Florida HVAC needs.
Aloha and Lennox offer customizable solutions to match your family’s lifestyle and comfort level. Superior products and outstanding customer service make Lennox the leading authority in comfort systems.
This post was written by roilifter | January 19, 2018
Customer Review “They were able to come out quickly, diagnose the problem and fix it.” – Dr. Melissa Newman